Sunday 2 September 2012

Tom Ford Fall 2012 Swatches

The Tom Ford fall collection is now available at Selfridges in London. It's a gorgeous collection of jewel teal, seductive plums and vibrant pinks.

Being so extravagantly priced, the line has not really appealed to me but the new Eye Color Quad in Emerald Lust (£62/US$75) looked absolutely stunning in person. It swatched quite smoothly but ultimately, I think the shades can be duped with more affordable lines like Urban Decay. They also swatched slightly more sheer than Urban Decay eyeshadows. The Cheek Color in Narcissist (£45/US$55) is a very pretty, velvety vibrant pink.

The Eye Color Quad in Enchanted is more sedate in comparison to Emerald Lust, with three of the shades laying on the paler end of the spectrum. There are subtle differences in the shades, but once applied, my guess is that they aren't that distinguishable from one another.

In the pics below, Narcissist is on the left, Enchanted is in the top row, with the Eye Defining Pencil in Exotic Teal in the middle above Emerald Lust. These were swatched without any primer underneath.



The pic below shows Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Naivete (£32/US$45), which is described as deep plum but it applies more like a blood red. I swatched the two lipsticks that were part of the display but I'm not sure if they are actually Aphrodisiac and Black Orchid, the two lipsticks that are part of the collection.


My picks from this collection are the Emerald Lust quad and Naivete lip gloss, if you don't mind the price tag. Hope this has been helpful!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, those e/s palettes are pretty. You're right about the high price point though.

Beauté_Poet said...

Wow, the Tom Ford quads are so pretty! I like the colours from both sets. But I have not seen them here in Canada. Kinda pricey though.

http://beautepoet.blogspot.ca/

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for the swatches Haru. I was thinking of splurging on the blue green eye shadow but since it swatches quite sheerly I will pass. The blush is crazy pigmented though.

Anonymous said...

That swatch on the right isn't lipstick it's the Blush stick. : )

Unknown said...

I don't see any swatches of the eye cream in the collection! I was wonder what's it look like..?!? Do you have any picture swatch for it? Thank you for sharing !I love their Product a lot, it's absolutely gorgeous:)

Haru said...

I don't have a swatch of the eye creme, sorry!