Sunday 2 September 2012

Selfridges The Beauty Workshop

When in London, Selfridges is where I do most of my beauty purchases as RMK and Suqqu are exclusively available here. It has just introduced a new space called the Beauty Workshop featuring a slew of brands that are new to the store. Suqqu has been moved out to the main beauty floor, near Jo Malone and Kiehls. The open concept of the Beauty Workshop encourages customers to try out different brands without over-pushy counter staff hovering over them. It's excellent for browsing at leisure, and help is there if you need it.

Brands available at the Beauty Workshop include: Paul & Joe, Stila, Ellis Faas, Bite, Bourjois, Eyeko, Topshop, RMK, Percy & Reed, Beauty Blender, Youngblood, Violent Lips, Louise Young brushes (below).

The nail bar was brimming with customers. It offers Nails Inc, Ciate and Butter London polishes.


The RMK counter is much more spacious than before. The Deep Iridescence collection is already in stock. The Deep Iridescent Eyes duos have a gorgeous complexity, and good color payoff.

Bite is renowned for their wonderfully pigmented lipsticks which contain the super antioxidant resveratrol.

With the Beauty Workshop, Selfridges is truly THE one-stop beauty destination for London. There are still a handful of makeup brands not available there like Dolce & Gabbana, Burberry (available at Harrods), Chantecaille, By Terry and Urban Decay but I much prefer the atmosphere of Selfridges to the other major stores here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi iris,
Lovely post on London and also the previous one on Tom Ford!
Indeed you love teals, I remember you have 2 teal palettes from Lancome spring, and now a third one from Tom Ford!
Would it be possible to do a cp on suqqu fall collection? Did you lay hands on the collection yet?
Tia!
Eunice

Haru said...

hi Eunice,
Yup, I just purchased the Suqqu fall collection yesterday. I can help CP it, just email me at izuc77@hotmail.com :-) My eye always gets drawn straight to teals!

Anonymous said...

hi Iris,
i just emailed you. really many thanks for agreeing to hep me!
what did you get from the suqqu fall collection?
do you have guerlain quad no. 12 les aquas? it's teal too!!
Eunice

The Driveller Kate said...

oh my goodness, I wonder if we passed each other! I just snapped pics of this area too :D

Haru said...

hi Kate,
I was just there on Saturday afternoon! :-)

memoiselle said...

Hi Iris,
What a lovely post! I would love to see those beauty counters in Selfridges especially with the SUQQU!
Do you know whether SUQQU in the UK is cheaper than in Thailand/Jp?

Haru said...

hi memoiselle,
I don't know the Suqqu prices in Bangkok. Suqqu is cheaper in UK than Japan. For example, their eyeshadow quads are £45 in the UK versus 7140yen (about £57) in Japan, while blushes are £38 in the UK versus 6825yen (about £55) in Japan.