Sunday 23 September 2012

K-Palette 1 Day Lash Perm Mascara Review

K-Palette's new 1 Day Lash Perm Mascara (1260yen) promises beautifully curled and long lashes that last through 24 hours. It contains a "curl keep polymer" plus moisturising ingredients such as panthenol, hydrolyzed silk, red algae extract and swertia herb extract. This has just launched in Singapore where it should be available at Watsons. I purchased this in Tokyo.

While it is waterproof, the film-type mascara can be removed with warm water. Nevertheless, I still prefer to use L'Oreal Gentle Eye Makeup Remover instead as it whisks this off in a jiffy. Using an eyelash curler beforehand is still essential before using Lash Perm.

The curved brush fits nicely under the lashes and is able to reach the finer lashes at the inner corners. The lashes on my lower eyelid are especially sparse and short, but it was quite easy to maneuver this brush and coat them without smudging against the skin.

As promising as the name sounds, I didn't quite love this. While the shade is intensely black and it could maintain a decent curl, there was a bit of clumping when I run the brush through my lashes on the third or fourth coat. Although I'm only in my second week of using Lash Perm, the mascara is already feeling somewhat dry and so it doesn't layer as slickly as some other mascaras like Maybelline Great Lash. It does define and lengthen the lashes quite nicely though. I also did not notice any flaking or smudging.

Hope this review has been helpful!

2 comments:

galpal.hi said...

This sounded quite interesting. Too bad it didn't quite work out for you.

Thank you for your review!

*Kat*

Anonymous said...

Have you ever reviewed bourjois volumizer mascara? I use it and it curls my lashes a lot, I even stopped using my eyelash curler and I do have naturally very straight lashes (I'm half-asian).