Sunday 20 May 2012

Makeup Edition Photo Meme

Yumeko of Bittenbefore just did this makeup photo meme of the items that she used this week, so I thought I'd answer her call to join in the fun.

1. Lip products: This spring, I've been favouring coral shades for the lips like Clarins Crystal Balm 03 Crystal Coral (from the Enchanted Summer collection) and Joli Rouge Brillant #13 Cherry (a gift from Mag). Paul & Joe Lip Gloss G 003 Dream A Little Dream and 002 Fairie Kisses both apply quite sheer so I like to use them over Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Luster in Sweet, a soft your-lips-but-better pink.

Crystal Coral has an inner core of lipstick pigment surrounded by a translucent balm. Visually, it looks interesting but it applies unevenly as the lipstick shade ends up on the inner half of the lips, so I usually have to use my fingertip to blend it out. It wears comfortably on the lips for about three hours before it fades. The Joli Rouge Brillant in Cherry is a lovely shimmery coral red without any grittiness.

2. Eyeshadow: Too Faced Summer Eye, Sleek Ultra Mattes V2 Dark and the new Armani Eyes To Kill.

The MeMeMe Rich Colour Eye Defining Cream in #7 Silent Storm was another recent purchase from Superdrug in London. Sadly, it turned out to be a complete dud. It applies very sheer and patchy. It creases pretty much immediately and is a poor base for powder eyeshadows. It was also impossible to build up the colour no matter how I tried to layer it.

3. Blush: This entire week, I've been sporting Paul & Joe Face Color G 001 Nymph, a soft girlish blue-based light pink. It gives the cheeks a light flush of colour and never looks clownish or over-done but the shade really isn't that unique.

4. Foundation: Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation contains three correcting pigments - yellow for anti-dark circles, mauve for anti-dullness and green for anti-redness. The liquid tranforms to a soft, powdery matte finish with medium coverage. It does a good job of covering up the redness in my skin but it has a slight tendency to peel, especially if my skin is not sufficiently moisturised. I also tried out Dr Ci:Labo BB Perfect Cream Natural, a gift from Joyce of Atelier Beauty. This did not work that well for me as by mid day, a lot of the redness in my skin was showing through.

5. Mascara: I've avoided Majolica Majorca mascaras for awhile because of the irritating fibers that tend to fall between my lashes but the midnight blue shimmers in the Lash Expander Frame Plus #12 (from the Glass Trick collection for holiday 2011) appealed to me.

The fibers in Lash Expander Frame Plus are much longer than average and can get a bit messy at times but overall, this worked out quite well for me and was not as tough to remove as expected. The blue shimmers aren't that visible unless one looks very closely in the mirror.


If you want to play, do leave a comment on Yumeko's post and here with a link to your blog post!

3 comments:

Yumeko said...

YEAY~! thanks for playing!

where do i start!?
i love your coral choices for lipsticks!
coral gives me a summer spring feel

i have tat majo mascara but i am hesistant to start using it. [sad i would have to throw it away when done] but i am so tempted looking at ur pics of it close up.

makeupmag said...

Loved this post! That's a nice clutch of items you used last week. :)

Moni said...

fun to see you play a long to :D
I am quite baffled of the many lip products you use!