Wednesday 29 February 2012

Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick #12

During my London trip, I picked up another two the Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipsticks as they were on sale. Made in the UK, these lipsticks designed by Kate Moss usually retail at £5.49 each, but I think I got them at £4 each.

This is #12, a vivid creamy orange that helps to brighten up the complexion instantly. It comes in handy for those days when you feel blah but do not have time to fuss around with a complicated makeup look. Simply slick this on for an instant pop of colour.

Like the other shades in the Kate collection, it has a impressive intensity and applying straight from the tube can actually lay down too much color. It is better to apply with a lip brush for better precision and greater control as using the brush gives a more sheer application than applying straight from the tube.

My other preferred method is to apply one stroke straight from the tube to the lower lip (avoiding the corners and outer edge), press my lips together to transfer the colour to the upper lip and then use my little finger to smudge the color out for a slightly stained effect. With a bright lipstick like that, one common tip is to avoid putting too much color on the eyes and and cheeks so that the lips remain the focus. The Lasting Finish lipsticks do make the lips feel slightly dry, but this can be easily rectified with a bit of lip balm or lipgloss on top.

My current collection of Kate Lasting Finish Lipsticks (from left): #1, #2, #9 and #12.

I reviewed #2 (bright pink) and #9 (rich berry red) last October, while #1 (classic red) is a new acquisition that I haven't tried yet.

These swatches were just one pass each. You can see how all four shades are wonderfully creamy and richly pigmented. I simply adore these and wish they were available in more shades.


The Kate Lasting Finish lipsticks are available on ASOS.com but only in four shades (#1, #3, #4 and #8).

4 comments:

Leticia - Cosmetics Aficionado said...

This would make a great summery color.

LauraLeia said...

#2 is definitely my kind of colour! I wonder (if ever) when they'll be available in Malaysia. >_<

Jacqueline said...

That looks really nice on you, I love corals and oranges.

a said...

wow the colors look great on you!