Sunday 27 November 2011

China Glaze Marry A Millionaire

Kas recently surprised me with this amazing China Glaze Marry A Millionaire polish from the latest Eye Candy 3D collection. I was incredibly thrilled because unbeknownst to Kas, it was precisely the one shade in the collection that I'd been desiring after seeing the swatches on Scrangie. She found it at the flea market held at *Scape last weekend and scored an excellent deal on it as China Glaze nailpolishes were going at just S$20 for three bottles.

Marry A Millionaire is a glittering tinsel-like melange of small light purple round glitter and thin bar glitter that reflects green and gold in a clear base. This unique combination is easily one of the most complex glitter polishes I've ever see. Two generous coats was enough to cover most of the nail with a mesh of glitter. Despite not using a top coat, it dried down very quickly to a budge-proof finish without any stray ends sticking up.

Simply perfect for the festive season!


7 comments:

Kas said...

Yaaaay!!! So so so happy you love it! This looks really festive and it looks good on you! I like the other one, Lorelei's Tiara (blue/silver disc glitter) too. Just picked up Love Marilyn (red/silver disc glitter) so I'm swimming in glitter polish! Shall skittle them for my next manicure! :)

Nonno said...

Do you know where else we can find China Glaze polishes in Singapore?

Haru said...

hi Nonno,
You can find China Glaze polishes at Watsons, but their colour selection at the moment is quite limited. You can also try Palz in Far East Plaza or http://timtam00.blogspot.com/

paperdollrevenge said...

OMG I love that name and also the color(s)! Looks very party ready, like it'd be great for New Year's Eve too. Now I must have it, hehe. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru

How do you remove this tyoe of glittery nail polishes? I always had a hard time removing them.

Haru said...

hi,
I just use a cotton pad soaked in nail polish remover, press against the nail and then rub it off. Sometimes, the glitter bits are very hard to remove and literally have to be scratched off. I've read that one effective method is to wrap aluminum foil around the cotton pad to prevent the remover from evaporating, and then rubbing the glitter polish off.

ashlyne said...

wow looks so pretty but the horror of removing glitter polishes =/