Sunday 31 July 2011

Operation Use It Up

Made some headway in whittling down my beauty stash by a tiny bit in July.

1. Anna Sui Hair Treatment Oil: This is my favourite hair oil, which has just the right consistency and keeps my hair frizz-free and soft all day long without feeling overly greasy. The signature rose scent is lovely without being overpowering. I usually use about 5 pumps each time. It is pricey at around S$43 for 60ml but I'll definitely re-purchase this in the future.

2. Suqqu HA Whitening Lotion: This was a pretty average lotion and too small a quantity for me to see any significant effect.

3. Benefit Foamingly Clean Facial Wash: I like the soothing melon scent but the squeeze tube is not very user-friendly, especially when there isn't much product left in the tube. It leaves my skin thoroughly cleansed but I think it may be too drying for winter months or dry skintypes.

4. Crabtree & Evelyn Lily Bath & Shower Gel: Of the four scents in the C&E Floral Fragrance line, I've come to like Lily and Rosewater the best. The Lily scent is very fresh and uplifting without being generic. The shower gel lathered up easily and didn't strip my skin of moisture although it contains sodium laureth sulfate as the second ingredient.

Below is the ingredients list.

5. Crabtree & Evelyn Lily Body Lotion: I liked this body lotion for its lightweight, non-greasy nature. It leaves my skin softly scented without any stickiness. It's not as deeply hydrating as some other moisturisers but it's works well for Singapore's humid weather. Below is the ingredients list.

6. RMK Cleansing Oil: When using the RMK Cleansing Oil, the mint scent (which is also supposed to have a Damascus rose note) always reminds me of Wrigley's peppermint chewing gum! It is effective at removing all traces of my makeup and rinses off easily after emulsifying with water. It contains orange Oil for removing clogged impurities, carrot oil for softening, apricot oil and almond oil for moisturizing.

7. Etude House Eye Makeup Remover: This bi-phase remover wasn't very effective at removing stubborn waterproof mascaras although it did remove eyeshadows easily. I won't purchase this.

8. Paul & Joe Refreshing Skin Toner: This was average and not particularly refreshing.

9. Molton Brown Ultrasmooth Coco de Mer Body Lotion: I had this with me in New Delhi and the extreme heat caused the body lotion to turn watery. It has a slightly oily after feel and I didn't care much for the scent.

10. K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow #2: This has become a daily staple. It's so easy to use and lasts all day on my oily skin. It's the second one I've used up and I was about to re-purchase the lighter shade #1, but then serendipitously, the lovely Lynn gifted me with one. :-)

11. Dove Intensive Repair Conditioner: This works well with my perennially dry hair (due to dyeing) and leaves it untangled and soft.

2 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

I usually don't have a problem using up basic toiletries, but it's makeup that's my weak point!

Lynn said...

ahaha! I secretly have psychic, telepathic, mind-reading powers to know that #1 would be of use of you :)