Sunday 10 July 2011

Canmake Marshmallow Finish Powder

Recently, Canmake sent me a batch of their upcoming new products to review. The product that caught my eye immediately was the Marshmallow Finish Powder (987yen, 10g) which was released in Japan on 6 July. This will arrive in Singapore in September.

It is a matte finishing powder with SPF26 PA++ that supposedly helps to create a skin that is as soft and light as a marshmallow.

The pale gold compact is quite unusual for Canmake and looks more elegant than their usual packaging which tends to be more simple and functional.


The included puff feels quite soft against the skin but I prefer to use a brush to buff this powder in.

The sebum-absorbing face powder is composed of 72% mineral ingredients and is supposed to be gentle on the skin as it does not contain alcohol, fragrance and tar-based colorants. (It does contain methylparaben while talc is listed as the last ingredient.) It can be removed easily by using a face cleanser. The powder particles are silicon-coated to help prevent fading due to sweat. It also contains ten skin beneficial ingredients like extracts of aloe vera, rosemary, chamomile, lemon and shiso leaf, plus squalene, olive oil, jojoba oil and grape seed oil to help hydrate the skin.

The Marshmallow Finish Powder is supposed to be applied after foundation or used for touch ups on the go. For this look, I applied it over Addiction Tinted Moisturiser No. 1. The powder feels quite finely milled and it melds into my skin easily for a very natural, matte finish without looking overly powdery or white like some translucent face powders do (though I'm not sure how it will fare on more tanned skintones).

It adds a sheer layer of coverage for a soft focus finish, reducing the appearance of pores. The oil control was decent but I still need to blot every couple of hours, which is normal for me. For days when I don't feel like wearing foundation, I can just wear this over a tinted moisturiser or a primer like Shu Uemura UV Under Base Mousse.

On the lips, I am wearing Canmake's new Candy Wrap Lip #4 Lady Strawberry, a juicy sheer red. The four Candy Wrap Lip glosses just launched in Japan this month but they are scheduled to arrive in Singapore only around November. You can see excellent swatches on Atelier Beauty.

7 comments:

Ivy Low said...

Nice! I love the lip color babe!! Can't wait to try the powder either.. Pls let us know when it comes to sg thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru, i've been following your blog for awhile now, i am wondering if you could do a haul on your favorite make up products like which powder/blush/lipstick you like the most, thanks!

Haru said...

hi,
I'm afraid I have just too many favourites to name, plus my likes change quite frequently. The problem is that I get bored easily and like to try out new products so even if I like something very much, sometimes I end up using it rarely as I just have such a large stash.

Tess said...

can you try a lighter lip colour?
been seeing you in darker colours.
want to see how light colours look on you. :D

bibidibobidiboo said...

Hi!! I would like to know how does this powder compare to the le ettusais pore perfect powder?? :)

milktea said...

Does it come in one shade only?

Haru said...

hi milktea,
Yes, it comes in only one shade.

hi,
If you mean the Ettusais Quick Fix Powder, the Canmake has higher sun protection level of SPF26 PA++ whereas the Ettusais powder as SPF10 PA++. The Canmake powder feels like it has slightly more coverage but in terms of lasting power, I think the two are about the same.