Saturday 9 April 2011

Paul & Joe Brightening Kit 2011

The Paul & Joe Brightening Kit 2011 is now available at Isetan Orchard. I purchased the last set there a couple of weeks ago but when I passed by the counter today, it had received new stocks (not sure about Isetan Scotts and Takashimaya). The set looked like a very worthwhile deal as it includes an Intensive Whitening Essence 100ml, Light Cleansing Milk N 25ml, Refreshing Skin Toner 25ml, Whitening Serum 5ml and a drawstring pouch for just S$66. According to the SA, the Intensive Whitening Essence alone usually costs about S$125. In Japan, the Brightening Kit retails at 5775yen (S$86).

All the products were made in Japan in December 2010 and have a shelf life of 12 months. Paul & Joe's skincare products usually have an orange flower scent.

The Intensive Whitening Essence is a clear liquid that absorbs readily into my skin without any stickiness or shine. I haven't used it long enough to be able to say if it's effective, but I'm hoping that it will help to make my skin more even toned by lightening the skin pigmentation and acne scars.


Below are the ingredients lists and product info for the four items.







9 comments:

miss_waterlily said...

When you say shelf-life do you mean unopened?

Because it seems unusual that if unopened it is only good for 12 months...

Haru said...

On the box, the four products are all marked with the "12 months" sign. It means that they are good for 12 months from the day of opening.

Lynn Cia said...

Not related to the products, the aqua green scarf with butterfly prints is very pretty! (In fact, the clothes that you use for background are all so nice) You sure have a good taste!

Anonymous said...

Hi, do u know why alcohol is frequently included in skincare of almost every brand? I once tried asking the SA but most of these SAs can't seem to answer my query. I think i'm allergy to products w alcohol at the top of ingredient list but i'm really so tempted to buy P&G skincare as i love their orange flower scent.

Sun

Haru said...

hi,
I think the alcohol is basically for toning and helping to make the skin feel cleansed. But it can be irritating for many ladies. It's best to choose products that are suitable for your skintype as fragrance doesn't help to treat any skin concerns at all. I don't mind alcohol in my skincare products as long as they don't strip my skin and make it feel overly tight.

Anonymous said...

I am more distracted by the butterfly prints..so lovely!

Is it a scarf? Where to get and how much isit? :)

Light Love said...

Oh my goodness! The packaging is so cute! Hope it works out for you! ^_^

Haru said...

Hi,
It's a Paul & Joe handkerchief that I bought in Tokyo. Think it probably cost around 1050yen. It's not available in Singapore.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me know. The handkerchief is really beautiful.