Sunday 17 April 2011

Operation Use It Up

Managed to finish up another batch of products this week!

1. Bliss Blood Orange + White Pepper Body Butter: This is one of my favourite body moisturisers thanks to its yummy orange scent and excellent hydrating ability. There is also a matching hand cream but the Body Butter works out to be cheaper per unit. It retails at S$49 for 250ml at Sephora in Singapore. Below is the ingredients list.

2. The Body Shop Lotus & Frangipani Flower Body Puree: This is much more lightweight than the Bliss Body Butter but also much less moisturising. I do like the unusual scent, which is not too cloying. The non-greasy texture works well in Singapore's humid weather. The ingredients list is below.

3. John Masters Organics Rosemary & Peppermint Detangler: Of the John Masters Organics products that I've tried so far, this was my favourite. The conditioner works well with my dyed hair, leaving it soft and untangled, and I love the fresh mint scent. I picked this up at a Sephora sale in Singapore last year.

4. Dove Intense Repair Shampoo: I've mentioned this a couple of times already. It works very well with my hair.

5. Kenzo Tokyo by Kenzo Perfumed Hair Styling Gel: This was a gift with purchase. I didn't like it as the texture was like a thick glue.

6. Shu Uemura Cleansing Beauty Oil Premium A/I: This has a denser consistency than the Fresh (pink) and Classic versions, and hence it took longer to rinse off and it didn't leave my skin feeling as cleansed.

7. Suqqu Moist Flow Lotion: This was a fairly standard toning lotion that did a good job of hydrating my skin and helping to prep it for makeup in the mornings. It doesn't have a strong fragrance or alcohol scent.

8. Tarte EmphasEyes For Brows High Definition Pencil: This was a freebie that I redeemed with 100 points under the Sephora Beauty Insider programme in the US. It works pretty well and looks very natural. But I still prefer my staple, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow which gives a more elegant finish.

8 comments:

Rina said...

does sephora in singapore carry the whole range of john masters shampoos and conditioners? i can't find info on the web regarding this :(

Haru said...

I think they do, you should check out the Ion store.

Rina said...

thanks :)

Tracy said...

You're great at finishing products! I struggle in that department - ADD by nature and changing products without even finishing them!

Haru said...

I also have lots of half-finished products and products that have been used just a few times. But I do try to finish up stuff regularly so that I can clear some space (though there never seems to be enough space!)

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to thank you for making me interested in make-up again !! :)

Haru said...

Wow, that's a really nice surprise! Makeup can make a big difference to one's appearance and self-confidence, plus it's great fun so I never get tired of it. Thanks for reading my ramblings!

Jan S said...

Hi Haru, you can put these to good use....from 21 Apr (Thu) - 24 Apr (Sun) '11, receive a $5 Beauty Voucher when you return any empty cosmetic container at any TANGS Customer Service counter :)