Saturday 2 April 2011

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation

Finding the perfect shade of foundation, concealer and blush has always been one of the trickiest issues faced by women. Maybelline's new Fit Me line aims to make the process much easier and foolproof through a common shade numbering system across the products. Fit Me Foundation is touted as "makeup that fits you" with no oils and no waxes, just "natural coverage that leaves skin the way it was meant to be... fresh, breathing, nautural". I am currently using shade 120 Classic Ivory, which is a pretty good match for me.

The lightweight pigments suspended in a transluent base allow one's natural skintone to show through for a better match. It comes in a fairly weighty glass bottle with no pump. I usually just press the bottle opening to the back of my left hand and pour out a tiny bit, and then apply with my fingertip. The texture is a light fluid that is not too watery and not densely creamy.

Fit Me impressed me with how incredibly easy and effortlessly it blended. It literally just melded into my skin without any cakiness, streaking or pooling in my pores. Because of that, application took only about one minute or even less. The coverage was more on the sheer side but it did a good job of evening out my skintone and minimising the appearance of my pores in the T-zone and cheeks. The finish was natural and satiny. It easily beat Cover Girl Natureluxe hands down. Not only was Natureluxe more expensive at around US$12 (versus around US$8 for Fit Me), it also just did not blend nicely with my skin, unlike Fit Me.

Several beauty blogs have commented that the lasting power is not great and requires touch ups. Personally, I think it's ok for a normal work day (about 8 hours) but if I'm going out after work, I would need to touch up with a powder foundation. The oil control was surprisingly pretty good and I only had to blot about 2-3 hours after applying it. While the foundation has SPF18, there is no PPD or PA rating so it's unclear how much protection it offers against UVA rays.

The other products used were Urban Decay Primer Potion, Lancome Ombre Magnétique Ultra Lavande, Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Green Eye Candy, Dior Skinflash 002, Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner, Esprique Precious True Black Mascara WP (Volume Separate), RMK Face Powder N P00, Burberry Lip Cover No. 20 Hibiscus, Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #10 and K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 02.

Below is a second look that I did with Fit Me Foundation.


For this look, I also used Beaute de Kose Eye Fantasist PK857, Tarina Tarantino Magic Hour Smudge Pen in Purple Velvet, Lancome Color Design Palette Amethyst Glam, Dior Skinflash 002, Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner, Esprique Precious True Black Mascara WP (Volume Separate), Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara, Shu Uemura Face Powder Sheer Colorless, MAC Gulabi Lipstick, Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #10 and K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 02.

Below is the ingredients list, which contains parabens and silicones. The foundation is made in the USA.

Kat and Mai of Mai-Kat Oshaberi had generously gifted this to me as part of their 1st blogversary giveaway. Kat has also reviewed the foundation here. Thanks once again, Kat and Mai!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like that Burberry red lipstick on you. It’s a brilliant but elegant red.



Pam

Iv said...

I have been a silent reader of your blog for too ling but I just had to say this: your red lips in the first look! Awesome! :)

Haru said...

hi Pam,
Thanks, Hibiscus photographs very nicely! I first saw it on Temptalia.com and knew I had to get it!

hi Iv,
Thank you for reading the blog!

galpal.hi said...

I'm glad to hear that the foundation worked out well for you. I knew that I was taking a big chance in color selection since that is a really personal preference. If after using the foundation you find that you really like it, I'd be happy to purchase more for you. It is really such a reasonably-priced product and there are sales where the Maybelline brand is discounted as much as 40% off. That makes it a real steal! Even at the regular price, it's a bargain so I've been using it as my everyday foundation.

*Kat*

Anonymous said...

hello!i love reading through ure makeup reviws!i was wondering where u got th fitme! line of products in singapore?i am unable to find th fitme! line!:( please help

shaz

Haru said...

hi Shaz,
The Fit Me foundation was sent to me by a friend who lives in the US. The Fit Me line is not sold in Singapore but you can order it online at drugstore.com.