Monday 4 April 2011

MAC Sakura Mineralize Blush

I have an embarrassingly large collection of MAC Mineralize Blushes that I haven't touched in months but I couldn't resist the new Sakura Mineralize Blush (S$44) from the new Quite Cute collection. The pale lilac pink with a shiny bright pink heart was simply adorable, and the shade is indeed very reminiscent of cherry blossom petals.

The three Mineralize Blushes in this collection haven't received very positive reviews as they have a more powdery texture than the usual Mineralize blushes. But Sakura turned out to be better than I had expected. It shows up well on my cheeks with just a couple of strokes and has a lovely velvety finish without any frostiness. The lasting power was excellent over more than 11 hours of wear, despite my oily skintype which meant that I blotted quite a few times through the day.


The products I used for this look were Sleek Primer Palette, Pixi eyeshadow palettes, Rachel K Mineral Color Control Blemish Balm and Press Powder, MAC Candy Yum-Yum Lipstick under Topshop Gloom Gloss, K-Palette Real Lasting Eyebrow 02, Dolly Wink Liquid Liner, Lancome Natural Light Creator Bare Skin Perfecting Corrector Pen #1 and Esprique Precious True Black Mascara WP (Volume Separate).

Candy Yum-Yum is such a bright neon pink that I decided to use the Topshop Gloom Gloss to tone it down a bit for work. The gloss also helped to counteract the rather dry texture of the lipstick. Candy Yum-Yum tends to stain the lips lightly. I think the lip combo went quite well with the Sakura blush.

Below is the ingredients list for the Sakura Mineralize Blush.

My usual MAC MA is Javen, the Tangs Orchard counter manager. Do look for him if you are shopping at MAC there!

8 comments:

R. said...

That blush is SO cute, and I'm not even a packaging person! The lipstick looks great too... argh tempting.

Lynne said...

Sakura looks a lot better than i expected! (what with the pastel lavender-ish colour and all)

btw do you know if the Mac at Tangs does reservations?

Haru said...

hi Lynne,
It is MAC's company policy not to allow reservations for new limited edition items. They used to allow reservations but some customers complained about not being able to get the items that had been fully reserved. So MAC changed their policy and now strictly no reservations are allowed. If you want to reserve a product that is permanent but currently out of stock, they probably can do that for you and call you when it comes in, but you should check with the counter directly.

hi effloresce,
the lipstick is probably too bright for most people and I wish it felt less dry but I thought it would be a fun shade to have in my collection.

galpal.hi said...

I haven't gone to see this collection yet as I think that it hasn't been released here yet but at the MAC store, I'm sure they'll let me have a sneak peek. I've been staving off the temptation but after reading your post, I think that I will go and take a peek. In fact, I'm leaving in a couple of minutes.

*Kat*

Anonymous said...

i like this look on you; fresh and awake

btw why do u always apply blush on the far sides of your cheeks instead? -h.

Haru said...

Personal preference, I guess.

Anonymous said...

ok, i thought u had some 'trade secret' we don't know about :D -h.

Pepper said...

Regarding your Sakura blush, do you have this B11 at the bottom of your product. I am not sure did I get the fake one online.