Sunday 10 April 2011

Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance

Bad Romance is my favourite Lady Gaga song, so when I saw this nailpolish of the same name by Deborah Lippmann, I just had to get it. It's a black jelly base interspersed with tiny magenta glitter flecks and larger hexagonal glitter.

Two generous coats was sufficient to achieve opacity. The glitter bits also give it a lovely depth and dimensionality. Lippmann's glitter nailpolishes take quite a bit of effort to remove but the complex shades are well worth the effort.

Below is my collection of Lippman's glitter polishes: (from left) Across The Universe, Bad Romance, Razzle Dazzle, Lady Sings The Blues and Glitter In The Air. These were purchased at Nordstrom in the US for US$18 each. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any online stores that sell Deborah Lippmann nailpolishes and ship to Singapore (as nailpolishes are considered flammable). If you are in Singapore, your best bet is to ask friends in the US to help you purchase.

You can see more swatches on Joey's Space.

I used two coats of Canmake Gel Volume Top Coat over Bad Romance. This usually retails at S$17.80 at Watsons but I bought it at 25% off during a recent Watsons sale. It's supposed to help create a smooth surface over glitter polishes and the instructions advise applying two generous coats to create the look of gel nails. Although it dries down quite fast, it was not as shiny as I would have liked.

7 comments:

makeupmag said...

Thanks for your feedback on the Canmake polish; you'd piqued my interest when you showed it to me last week.

DL polishes really look unique. I should've taken a photo of my nails when I had Across the Universe on them! Thanks again, for that special treat. :)

circus said...

kissandmakeupny.com stocks Lippmann. I wrote about them on the Nars thread in CC. Basically don't bother waiting cos they don't do great discounts/sales. I can't remember my previous orders, only that the one in january they took 2 days to process. On their fb they do look like they are getting better though. =)

Ren37 said...

where can I get it?

Haru said...

It's stated in the post.

Ink said...

Hey,

Can I asked which watsons outlet did you get them from?:)

Thanks!

Haru said...

Hi ink,
I purchased the Canmake gel coat at Ngee Ann City.

Lora said...

www.luxola.com based in Singapore sells Deborah Lippmann