Wednesday 26 May 2010

Majolica Majorca Chapter 27 Workshop

I was invited to attend the Majolica Majorca Chapter 27 "Blooming Dreamer" workshop at the Shiseido office on Tuesday evening. However, due to work, I arrived very late and missed most of the presentation and makeup demonstration. Nevertheless, I had great fun just hanging out with other beauty bloggers, especially Kas of Shine, Shimmer and Sparkle :-)

Do also check out the Majolica Majorca Facebook fan page for more photos of the event. Aside from dispensing makeup tips, the Shiseido staff also organise events and contests through the fan page.

The Blooming Dreamer collection display. You can read my earlier post on the limited edition palettes, eyeliners and mascaras here. The collection has simply flown off the shelves at the Watsons stores in Singapore, especially the white Perfect Automatic Liner #35 which is already sold out at the Watsons in Ngee Ann City.

A beautifully done up "book" on Chapter 27.






Due to the tight stock situation, the Shiseido staff informed us that they would send us the Chapter 27 makeup products for review separately. The workshop participants went home with a pouch, two nail polishes and a candle.

The candle looks too pretty to use!

The Jeweling Line GR444 and Glow & Quick YE242.

Me with the wonderful Kas! She's always super fun to be around with her infectious energy and great sense of humour :)

And here's my EOTD created with Visee Brilliance Forming Eyes A5, Lancome Virtuose Precious Cells mascara and Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner.


7 comments:

b.Fiona said...

how do you become a make-up product reviewer? i'm interested in the process. do you have to register with the company. also, in your experience, do you ever find it to be a conflict of interest in using a company's product for free? your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :)

Haru said...

Hi,
I was approached by Shiseido to attend the workshop. You can join their Facebook fan page to be kept informed of workshops and events.

I don't think there is a conflict of interest as I am not paid for product reviews so my reviews are entirely my own honest opinion. If a product has flaws or doesn't work well for me, I would not hesitate to say so. I believe that most readers can also tell if a reviewer is honest or simply gushing about a product because it was provided by the company. It has taken much effort to build up my blog and the trust of my readers. I would not undermine it just for the sake of getting chummy with the beauty companies.

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of you and Kas in your glasses!! Both of you really inspires me to use and play and have fun with makeup... glasses or no glasses. You both still look good!!!

Anonymous said...

hi, is ngee ann city watson's the only one tt carries the blooming dreamer collection?

Haru said...

Aww, thank you, that's such a sweet thing to say!


hi,
The Blooming Dreamer collection is available at other Watsons stores too. I've seen it at the Watsons in Vivocity.

Kas said...

Hey Haru, such sweeeeet things to say! and yes, I totally enjoy my time with you too! soo glad we got to know each other!

Anonymous: Really, that's such a lovely thing to say and I'm thrilled to the moon that you've been inspired! I'm a total speccy-girl; have no contacts lens (yet!) but I don't care and wear full eye makeup at any opportunity! Have fun with your makeup!

Anonymous said...

You look so pretty smiling. You should smile more when you do your FOTD.