Friday 12 March 2010

Urban Decay Confession Lipstick

At Mag's recommendation, I picked up Urban Decay's Confession lipstick (S$36) when UD first launched in the Sephora over here. It looks liked a scary gothic blackened berry in the tube but actually if applied sparingly, it is a deep plum berry shade.

I usually just apply a bit to my bottom lip, press my lips together and then use my little finger to spread it out evenly. For a more vampy look, you can simply layer it for greater opacity. It has a strong sweet caramel scent, which I'm not a fan of but I don't hate it either. It lasted pretty well and did not dry out my lips. I did have to touch up the corners after a few hours though.

I give UD mad props for the unique and cool packaging but while I think the tiny dagger is a nice touch, it is also not the most practical. I was afraid of snapping it off while pulling out the inner tube such that it actually took me quite a while to get it open! A reviewer on MakeupAlley also complained that the dagger shredded the lining of her bag so I would be cautious about just throwing this into a big bag, like I normally do with my other lipsticks.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like clinique's version of almost lipstick in black honey better.

Haru said...

hi,
I owned Black Honey many years ago, when I was in university :-) It was very easy to use and adds a nice touch of berry colour. Too bad the Almost Lipstick range is not available in Singapore.

Taryn said...

PS - if you ever want the Almost Lipstick again or to try the new Clinique Black Honey gloss (very pretty), just let me know and I'd be happy to pick it up for you. :)

Taryn said...

I keep the only one I have open a tiny crack (hard to explain) so if the dagger breaks, I can still open it. The dagger is pretty, but not practical.

Do you notice the lipsticks taste faintly bitter? The caramel fragrance doesn't bother me, but there is definitely a taste to them.

The glosses, OTOH, smell horrible yet have no flavor. Weird.

Haru said...

hey Taryn,
I didn't notice the taste actually, guess it was too subtle for me! Thanks for the kind offer, but I'm actually heading to Honolulu in a couple of weeks so will be able to shop till I drop ;-p

makeupmag said...

JUICY!

The packaging can be quite hard to work with, dagger aside - I find it difficult to open as there's very little to hold on to.

Charlene J. said...

The lip colour looks great on you! Did you try the Gash one? Which is darker?

Oh! And I wanted to ask if you know when Cath Kidston “HELLO!”FROM LONDON and Gelato Pique 2010 Spring/Summer collection will be available in Singapore?

Sorry for the many questions!

Haru said...

hi,
Gash is a brighter shade of red compared to Confession, which is more of a dark plum/berry tone.

The Gelato Pique and Cath Kidston mooks should be arriving next week but you can just call Kino (Ngee Ann City) Japanese Book Counter directly to check on the exact date of release. Kino's air shipment days are usually Wednesdays and Fridays.

Anonymous said...

hi may i noe where did u get the lipstick from???any recommend lipstick which have this similar colour???thanks...

Haru said...

hi,
I got the lipstick from the Sephora store in Singapore. I'm sure MAC will have similar shades although I don't know of any specific ones off the top of my head... perhaps Underworld?