Tuesday 30 March 2010

Tokyo Shopping Haul #1

After all the shopping I did in Hawaii, I wasn't planning on shopping that much in Tokyo but still could not resist the new Visee x Mercury Duo collection which was going for 35% off at a drugstore in Shinjuku.

Each of the Brilliance Forming Eyes palettes contains three shimmery powder eyeshadows and a shimmery cream liner shade.


I also picked up the Brilliance Forming Eyes A5 and Glam Hunt Eyes G4.


At Seibu department store in Shibuya, I picked up my first Steam Cream (1500yen) #47 Soleil, which is part of a collection designed by Mako Kikkawa. The Steam Cream worked wonders on our hands which were starting to crack and peel in the cold Tokyo weather. You can view the current designs available in Japan here.



Scored this cute lace and tulle Heather skirt from a multi-brand boutique, Collect Point, in Harajuku for only 2000yen :-)

Aside from beauty stuff, I also picked up a couple of the Paul & Joe Beaute t-shirts that have just been launched at Uniqlo. These are 1500yen each or two for 2800yen. I would have bought more but the cotton was not of the best quality and the T-shirts looked and felt a bit old. You can see the full range here.


It is currently sakura season in Tokyo with the trees on the verge of full bloom. At Ueno Park today, the crowd was quite large despite it being a weekday.

The prettiest sakura tree that we saw today :-)

13 comments:

. : * justine * : . said...

I love your shopping hauls! Sorry I am commenting so much at once, but I can't comment while I'm working so it all gets done once I get home and am chilling with a face mask on, haha.

I *REALLY* want the new Visee palettes but am waiting for either Adambeauty or Imomoko to pick them up... I find Ichibankao kind of expensive and it annoys me that I can't combine 'shipping' since it is built into the prices!

I miss Steam Cream! I know I can order it off of the UK website but the tins on the Japanese website are much nicer so I covet those... I want the Yume one (of course) and Wrap Around. I suppose it'll have to wait until I go back there though!

The skirt is gorgeous, and I am jealous. And I miss Uniqlo - the P&J prints are surprisingly cute in such large scale though it's unfortunate that the fabric quality is not great :S

I *NEED* to go to Japan for Cherry blossom season some day! That is stunning!! It was actually Cherry blossom season in Vancouver, but Vancouver doesn't have nearly as many trees!

shopaholic said...

omg, i literally squealed with delight on the sight of the blooming sakura! nice haul u got there! i would have gotten crazy over the visee palettes! the tulle skirt is gorgeous and p&j tees are cute despite in not-so-good quality. wonder if spore will carry them?

Haru said...

hi shopaholic,
I'm not sure if the Uniqlo stores in Singapore will carry the P&J range so it's best to check with the stores directly.

hi justine,
This trip has been really fun in terms of all the shopping. I travel to Japan and the US only once every few years so I tried to make as much of it as possible while I can. I haven't tried out the Visee palettes but they do look quite promising. Steam Cream is just wonderful. It's probably too heavy for my face which is super oily but I love how well it works on my hands. I love the cherry blossom season too, was very happy that our trip coincided with it this time!

Blossomy said...

Uniqlo Singapore sell Paul & Joe beaute range too, however the variety is pathetic and actually I found cutting and quality are not that good after trying them on...

Jessying said...

So nice to be in Japan right now ! Those Visee Palettes is to pretty, and i am sure there are a lot of things that caught your eyes but cant bring all back..

Jess said...

Hi, first time commenting... The glam hunt palette is so great that I've been using it for everyday look on for a year now. My friend liked it on me so much that she ended up buying one as well. Hope you'll like it.

Anonymous said...

How is the pigmentation on those Visee palettes? I would also love to see an EOTD done with them.

Catherine said...

Ooh, I can't wait until Adambeauty gets the new Visee palettes in! I didn't think they'd be released until later in April!

Popcorn said...

The New Visee Palettes look sooo adorable~ and What???? They come with a cream shadow!!!!! gasp* That is AWESOME!!! So pretty!!! Can you do some swatches of them after you use them? Thanks

麗 -rei-minli said...

hi. Can i know which drugstore u bought the visee palette? Will be going to tokyo this weekend

Haru said...

hi,
I bought the Visee palettes at the Sundrug drugstore in Shinjuku, near Isetan. You can find Visee easily at most major drugstores, like Matsumoto Kiyoshi.

snow said...

OMG! i want the tulle skirt!!! If you ever bring back some extra ones, sell them to me! :)

K said...

the visee palettes look so pretty~ love the clothes you got. the skirt is so cute and i like the yellow paul&joe tee^^ really sweet.

aw so pretty in japan. i want to see cherry blossom trees in full bloom~~xx