Sunday 7 March 2010

EOTD: Ed Pinaud #2 Quad

I tried out the Ed Pinaud Eyeshadow No.2 (Smokey Emerald) palette today. The dark green shade in it was amazingly pigmented and it applies as more of a dark mossy green, rather than emerald. The dark grey and taupey grey shades also have good colour payoff and a smooth texture. The shades also last very well over several hours of wear without oxidising or fading.

The only shade I did not like was the light beige gold shade which threw up a mess of loose powder pigments when I stroked my brush over it. The brush applicator included in the palette is terrible, so I would just discard that. The sponge applicator works well for applying the shades intensely but for a more natural gradation, it is still best to use a blending brush to smooth out the edges.

I used the beige gold shade over the browbone area, the dark green from the upper lashline to the crease, the taupey grey shade blended into the crease and the dark grey to line the lower lash line. I also used K-Palette Real Lasting Volume mascara on my lashes.

This was the only Ed Pinaud palette that I got, so I can't say if the other five palettes are similar in terms of quality and texture. The L'Officiel magazine has also sold out very quickly at Kinokuniya and Borders, and is near impossible to find now. All in all, this has definitely been one of the more valuable gifts that a local magazine has given out in awhile!

13 comments:

Fiona Star said...

i got this quad too! (:
i got another one in lavender...
they're still selling l'officiel at certain buzz kiosks (the ones at bus interchanges etc), i guess cos they're not very prominently displayed. and when i asked for l'officiel, the aunty was like, 'oh, so that's how you pronounce it!' haha... i think it's because buzz kiosks have only recently started carrying l'officiel.

Chantana said...

WOW.. I can't find this shade! Asking my friend to keep alook out for me! lolx

The green was indeed very pigmentated! And it look so nice on you!

Haru said...

hi feeyona,
haha, that's quite funny :-)

hey Chantana,
When I first applied the green shade with the sponge applicator, I was like 'woah'... then had to blend and sheer it out so that it didn't look too 'wayang'! It's a good quad for doing smokey eyes.

laetitia said...

haru, it's a nice look on you, here's hoping i get my hands on #2 soon

Anonymous said...

It's really really nice on you! I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from the mail!!!

Furry Guy! said...

I like I like!!!!

Kas said...

I love the green!!! And I'm so happy you said it was like Woah! (My type of e/s! Haha! Waiting for it to arrive - a chum, Amy @ Purplio is babysitting it for me. It looks real nice on you!

Anonymous said...

Haru, you are one excellent shopper! Wanna thank you for all those good stuff you recommended and I have bought several of those mooks you mentioned. Loved them all. Thanks and hope you always keep the rest of us updated. :)

Haru said...

Hey Kas,
The quad looks like something you would like! I'm not too fond of the green shade though, as I prefer something a bit brighter with more of a metallic glint.

hi,
glad to hear that you find the shopping recommendations useful! :-) Sometimes even I find it overwhelming to keep track of the different magazines and mooks that are being released.

Kas said...

Oh you mean it doesn't have any frost or shimmer? Well, that can be fixed by brushing some other shimmery shadow or glitter on top - I have a gazillion of those that can help in that department! LOL!

Eileen said...

What a beautiful springtime alternative to the smokey eye. Nothing says spring to me like a pop of teal. You look lovely!

makeupmag said...

It reminds me of one of Lancome's palettes. A wonderful friend of mine has an extra one and will be swapping it with me for No 3. :D

Anonymous said...

The green and violet quads actually looks quite pigmented on you.. (and in other blogs I saw) I got the brown one, and it's sheer as anything! Maybe it's just that quad, or that fact that I used the provided brush instead of the applicator. As with the previous mono colors, I feel like the brushes are really bad quality, but I love the extra plastic hinge this time, and the blue cover.