Tuesday 30 March 2010

Dior Tailleur Bar

While browsing in the Isetan Shinjuku store today, I was captivated by this intriguing Tailleur Bar set at Dior. The collection was just released on 24 March in Japan and is available in such limited quantities that each set actually bears its own serial number. The Isetan Shinjuku store is currently the only store selling this in Japan (but according to the SA, it is not a Japan-exclusive).

The Tailleur Bar eyeshadow palette is sold only as part of a set with a Serum de Rouge (for which you can select the shade from the existing range as well as the two new limited edition shades). Given how pricey the Serum de Rouge was, I was quite annoyed when I subsequently found that the lipstick could not be retracted into the tube!

The video playing at the counter showed how the Tailleur Bar eyeshadow palettes are individually hand crafted, making it a true collector's item. The shades are well-pigmented with a soft velvety texture.

Here's the story behind the name of the palette.



9 comments:

. : * justine * : . said...

Oh gosh, I want!! That looks so GORGEOUS and while I am generally against buying makeup I would never use... that is amazing!

I'm also happy to hear there are new shades of the Serum de Rouge - I really like them but wanted more colours. What are the two shades like?

I need to track this down!! I wonder where I might be able to get it from...

shopaholic said...

it's so exquisite :)

Haru said...

hey Justine,
the shade I got was #560 Rose Eclatant Serum/Radiant Pink Serum. Can't remember the name/number of the other LE shade but it was a light peachy pink whereas #560 is a more reddish pink. Both are quite sheer. I'd probably use just a tiny corner of the palette and the dress of the model figure, so that the embossed illustration is kept as much as possible!

hightea_xx said...

ooo, looks elegant.

i'm surprised they didn't tell you at the counter that the serum de rouge don't retract though... that's such a shame. they are an amazing lip color though, and all you need is 1 click per application!

wanted to say i'm a long time lurker but never posted... congrats on getting married!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think the serum de rouge is retractable, tried it before, it goes back in very slowly with each click.:)

parsi said...

that looks great. Do you know if it's going to be released in the United States or in the United Kingdom. I have to get this.

Vichaya said...

Thank you so much for taking your time off your sweet honeymoon to post these beautiful stuff. I just wanna say thank you and hope you have a wonderful time there.:)

BTW, I think you should try to retract your serum de rouge again. I have 2 and both are retractable. :)

Emily Rose said...

If you ever decided you don't want it and are willing to sell it, pleeeeeeease email me. I am dying for it.

emilyiswestwood (at) live.com.au

Anonymous said...

I know this set is available in Canada. I live in Vancouver BC, so anyone in vancouver who wants to get it...tmr will pretty much be the only chance. It is pre order at Holt Renfrew only and they only have very limited sets available.