Tuesday 21 April 2009

Lush Angels on Bare Skin

I've been alternating between Lush Herbalism Cleanser and Angels on Bare Skin for the past 3 days. Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser (Rs 550 for 100g) contains glycerine, kaolin, lavender oil, rose absolute, lavender flowers and ground almonds. It's easier to work into a paste, compared to Herbalism, which has a drier, slightly more powdery consistency. The two smell almost identical to me, a lavender-tinged herbal scent that takes some getting used to but it's not overpowering or unpleasant to me.

Like Herbalism, Angels on Bare Skin contains ground almonds for exfoliation but Angels on Bare Skin feels slightly more gentle than Herbalism. Angels also has a shorter list of ingredients than Herbalism, which is meant more for oily skin whereas Angels is for sensitive skin. Overall, the effect is the same as both cleansers leave my skin velvety smooth and soft. My skin feels clean without that stripped-of-all-oil feeling that one gets from harsher cleansers, especially those by Japanese brands. So far, I have not experienced any break outs or increased oiliness in my skin but this could also be partly due to the dry climate in Delhi right now. This is an excellent basic cleanser but you should not expect it to remove makeup as it's not formulated for that purpose.


My little pot cost 627 rupees (S$18.75) for 114g, which to me is very affordable as the pot can probably last me two months. There are tons of positive reviews on MakeupAlley for Angels, with 72% of reviewers stating that they would buy it again. I definitely will buy it again too!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Oooh, that sounds lovely. I wish I had a Lush around here!

Haru said...

Hey Catherine,

If you're in the US, you should be able to order Lush easily online!

izumi said...

ooo i gotta go try that.. thanks for the review ;D

makeupmag said...

I love this. One of my very favourites when Lush was still available here. Love the new clock, by the way! :D