Monday 20 April 2009

Biotherm Source Therapie Mask

Having lived through the Tokyo summers, I thought I would be fine with New Delhi. But unlike Tokyo and Singapore which are humid and hot at the same time, New Delhi is sweltering and blistering dry. It's the kind of heat that makes your skin feel like it's literally burning off within ten minutes of being outdoors. But the dry climate also means I still need to slap on moisturiser constantly on all parts of my body as even my palms have started peeling.

My skin is very oily and acne-prone so I'm usually wary of putting any moisturiser that's too heavy duty and creamy that can further clog up my skin. But with the dry heat here, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try out the Biotherm Source Therapie Spa Concentrate Tissue Mask, which contains 7 essential trace minerals (Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Zinc, Sodium, Potassium & Calcium) combined with Bicarbonate ions and Biotherm's signature Pure Extract of Thermal Plankton to soothe and reduce redness.


The instructions said to leave it on for 10 minutes and then massage any residue into the skin. I left it on for more than 20 minutes until it felt like it was almost dry. Afterwards, my skin felt visibly plumped, moisturised and soft without any greasy residue or redness. My skin also stayed fresh and took longer than normal to start getting oily again.

The mask is made of a luxuriously thick and soft cotton that spreads easily and fits well over the contours of my face. It also contains just the right amount of moisturising liquid and does not come out of the packet dripping in a gooey mess. All in all, I thought this mask is excellent for when you want to rebalance stressed, dehydrated skin. I'm not sure whether it can produce any longlasting improvements in your skin since I had only one piece to try out (as part of a GWP) but it's a good option to explore.

2 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

Thanks for recommending these! I will be sure to make a pit stop at the Biotherm counter at Duty Free on my way south!!

Enjoy the heat...!

Kathie said...

SOunds great. I have oily skin that is prone to breakouts. This sounds like just what I need.