Saturday 21 February 2009

Lunasol Blooming Purification

I went by Takashimaya today to check out the Lunasol Blooming Purification collection.


The Christmas 2008 coffret was also on display, so I guess it has not sold out yet.


The Blooming Eyes palettes looked very pretty arranged in the counter display. Since it's spring, the focus is on creating looks based on sheer pastels with each palette containing three light shades and one dark liner shades. The shade combinations are not as vibrant as the Sheer Contrast Eyes or Geminate Eyes series but they are more glowy than the Noble Shadow Eyes which were released last fall.
Left Column to Right): #1 Pink (Cherry Blossom), #4 Red (Plum) and #3 Purple (Wisteria)


The Blooming Eyes palettes in that regard are less versatile as the lighter shades tend to blend into one another so you don't really get to see a distinctive contrast between the different shades. The advantage is that it's hard to go wrong with these palettes as blending is such a breeze and the shades are very easy to wear for most skintones. All the shades in the quads have a nice pearl shimmer but in terms of color payoff, Plum and Wisteria are the more pigmented out of the five.


Left to right: #2 White Magnolia, #5 Orange (Mountain Azalea). As you can see, the lighter shades don't show up that well compared to the liner shade.


#4 Plum


If I had to pick one quad to purchase from the collection, it would be either #4 Plum or #3 Wisteria. Both are pretty in their own ways but frankly, not that outstanding enough to earn the label of a must-have. I feel like I can easily dupe the shades from other palettes in my makeup collection.


The lipsticks are S$46 while the eyeshadow quads are S$77. Not sure about the lipglosses.

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

OOh Lunasol, where are you from?

Haru said...

Hi,

Lunasol is a Japanese brand :-)

aichaku-愛着 said...

Ah, I'm quite disappointed with the spring collection. Was the Limited Edition Anniversary set out at Takashimaya too?

Haru said...

Nope, it's not. It just launched in Japan this month so I don't think it'll make it here that quickly.

Anonymous said...

Spring Collection looks so disappointing. I was thinking of droppingby to check, now i can save the money for other items. moonflower

Anonymous said...

The lipgloss is being sold at SGD39 each.

Anonymous said...

Anyone tried Ex:Beaute foundation before? Not sold in Spore but I heard sold in Taiwan.

Haru said...

Hi,

Sorry, I haven't tried Ex:beaute foundations before.

Syn@3sTh3sI@ said...

yes the spring collection is a bit disappointment for me too... I think I would expect more colorful colors instead of same old brown. I still prefer Clarin's spring eyeshadow palette

Anonymous said...

sg's mac did not bring in the full collection of creamsheen lipsticks?

Haru said...

Hi,

I saw the MAC Cremesheen lipstick display at the Isetan Scotts counter last week, didn't notice any shades missing but I didn't check them out individually. Why not just ask at the counter?

Adeline said...

i love your posts haru!

so you didn't get anything from lunasol spring at all?

Haru said...

Hi Adeline,

I skipped the collection completely as the shades were just not dramatic enough for my liking. I tend to prefer brighter, more vivid shades instead of pastels.