Tuesday 14 October 2008

Paul & Joe Mook

I received my copy of the Paul & Joe Mook a couple of days ago. The mook is quite bulky at over 1-inch thick as the tote bag is packaged inside a cardboard box. The magazine can be detached from the cover easily.



The bag is made of a very light nylon material and feels quite well-made. The straps, which have a flap of material wrapped around the base of the straps, are designed to resemble the bags from the Fall/Winter/08 collection, which is a nice touch.



Inside of the bag, which is roomy enough to fit quite a bit of stuff.


Sheet of stickers! This was a nice surprise :-)


Actress Nakatani Miki wearing Paul & Joe.


Paul & Joe Sister fashion spread


Paul & Joe Sister handkerchieves, which retail for 1050yen each. I can't wait to pick up some of these on my next trip to Tokyo!


Paul & Joe Sister fashion line.


Paul & Joe Fall/Winter '08 fashion show pics


Feature on P&J creator Sophie Albou's home with photos of her bedroom, bathroom and even the bedrooms of her two sons, which the brand is named after.



Pics of the P&J store in Omotesando, Tokyo.


Upcoming new makeup products


Model wearing the Christmas makeup collection shades


Previous best-selling limited edition makeup collections


Previous Collection Sparkles inspired by prints from the P&J fashion line


Overall, I felt that the mook was quite worth the 1380 retail price but not much more than that. It was interesting to get a look inside the designer's home and the two fashion lines although it would have been more interesting if there was more in-depth coverage of the history of the makeup line. The main Paul & Joe fashion line is priced way beyond my reach but the Paul & Joe Sister secondary line is much more affordable with pieces generally in the 20,000 to 40,000yen price range, similar to the Jill Stuart fashion line in Japan.

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

OMG.... drools....

what a superrrrrrrr kawaii bag, i love the print and that book/catalog too... gaaaaahhh

im green with envy!

Anonymous said...

where can I get paul and joe stuff? do they have an online site? preferrably in english.. =) thanks

Haru said...

Hi Jen,

Paul & Joe's beauty website is at http://www.paul-joe-beaute.com/en/index.html

If you're in the US, you can order P&J from beautyhabit.com. Also check out this webpage for the list of store locations.
http://www.paul-joe-beaute.com/en/shop/usa.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru-san,
Please advise how do you purhcase the Paul & Joe Mook? I went to Taka Kinokuniya can't find it.. Thanks, Janis

Haru said...

Hi Janis,

I think Kinokuniya at Taka did not get stocks of the P&J mook as I did not see it there on my last couple of trips. Another reader said that the Kino at Bugis Junction had it but I'm not sure if they've sold out already. Perhaps you can call them up to ask? Another alternative is to ask Kino if they can order it for you.

There is also the option of ordering it from Amazon Japan which ships internationally but that will of course cost more.

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru,
What's the appox dimension of the bag and the handle? hope it's not too big for me.
It's plastic material?
~Vel

Anonymous said...

Hi Haru,

I left a PM in cozycot for you.
Please read. Thanks

Haru said...

Hi Soh,

I lost access to my 'Haru' account at Cozycot several months ago. Please pm me at my 'burkle' account on Cozycot.

Haru said...

Hi Vel,

The bag is made of nylon, not plastic. The dimensions are 24cmx31cmx27cm. HTH!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a very nice casual tote! *makes note to self to call to call Kino* I love P&J prints and P&J Sister is definitely more affordable compared to their main line. Pretty prints too!