Wednesday 3 October 2007

Tarte Holiday

Tarte's holiday collections are always full of surprises and this year, the wonderful ladies at Tarte have outdone themselves again with a superb blockbuster palette, "We Wish You Wealth" ($52 for $578 value).


According to the description on Sephora," this jaw-dropping, must-have Tarte palette is stacked with exclusive shades of eyeshadows, lip glosses, lip sheers, brushes and for the first time ever, our best-selling cheek stains in a pan form.

Palette includes:
-16 brand-new lipglosses
-16 brand-new eyeshadows
-4 gel eyeliners
-4 cheek stains
-3 24/7 lip sheers
-Eyelid primer
-Luminizer
-Eyeshadow & eyelining brushes"

On one hand, I think it's simply amazing that Tarte has managed to cram so many products, and even 4 Cheek Stains, into a single palette and all for such a great price but on the other hand, I have my usual reservations about palettes that include both lip, eye and face products as my past experience (including with some Tarte tri-fold palettes) is that it tends to get messy as the loose powder from the eyeshadows get all over the place or the lip glosses stain other parts of the palette. If you're new to Tarte, this palette is a great way to get into the brand like the A-List Palette which was done for the Sephora Beauty Insider program a couple of years ago. I'm still waiting for reviews of the palette to pop up on Makeupalley before I decide whether to get this palette. The eyeshadows look like mostly muted or neutral shades that will be easy for most people to wear but personally, I wish that a few more fun, bright shades had been thrown in as well. Tarte has confirmed that all the eyeshadows are full size and of the same quality as their regular single eyeshadows. So what else are you waiting for? :-)

If you've tried the palette, I would love to hear your thoughts!

There is also a We Wish You Health Skinvigorating Discovery Kit ($38 for $50 value) that includes a mini Lights, Camera, Lashes! mascara, mini Clean Slate primer, mini Inside Out lipgloss and a mini Lock & Roll eyeshadow duo. There is also likely to be a mini cheek stain set. Two of the shades, Merry and Enchanted have already shown up on Ebay and both look pretty!



http://tinyurl.com/2g3vqj

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried the palette (I'm a fan of Tarte, but not of palettes in general) but was curious: have you (by any chance)tried Tarte's eyelash curler yet? If so, what did you make of it? I don't know why, but you strike me as an eyelash-curler kinda gal. :-)

CuttiBeBe said...

I am definitely getting this one, just for the value. I became interested in Tarte when the SA grabbed me and put the blushing bride cheek stain on me. then she showed me some awesome brushes and the lock and roll. Love them all. I've been lemming those e/s, but I thought I have too much already and I really should just stick with Kate (my favorite).

For $50 some dollars, I will snatch one right up.