Saturday 5 May 2007

Shiseido The Makeup Quad Q8 Ocean Shimmer

Went to the stores today to do some JS CPs and chanced upon the Shiseido The Makeup's new limited edition summer Eye Shadow Quad Q8 Ocean Shimmer (4200yen). I had seen it in the magazines earlier and was already lemming the gorgeous white and red packaging of this quad. When I saw the eyeshadow shades at the counter, I immediately knew I had to have it as all the shades are just the type of vibrant shimmery colours that I love to use. There is a black cream eyeliner shade and three shimmer powder eyeshadow shades.

I don't usually care for STM makeup but this was a great exception. The black cream eyeliner shade has a deep blue-green shimmer while the light baby blue shade has a mint green shimmer. What I love about the blue shade is that it's not so pale that it's comes out looking more white than blue. The green shade is a vibrant leaf green, not too lime or yellow-toned. And the purple shade is a gorgeous deep lilac with pink shimmer. The texture is excellent, smooth with great colour payoff. My only quibble is that for such a big palm-sized compact, the eyeshadow pans look quite a bit smaller compared to most other brands! *Edited to add* Wore the new quad today and I'm loving the purple shade the best. It has a slight pink tone so my eyes don't end up looking bruised like with some other dark plum shades. The light blue shade applies as an icy minty pale blue that is just lovely. The shimmer is fine and elegant, not as sparkly as the Aube Jewellery Shower Eyes palettes. My only disappointment was the black cream eyeliner which creased and faded on me within a few hours and I had to re-apply them. The cream eyeliners in the Testimo Fresh Clear Eyes palettes were much longer lasting than that. So I'll probably go back to using the Opera Magical liquid eyeliner instead as that is totally budge-proof.

I also found a great deal on Masaki Matsushima Orange Mat EDP, a fresh citrus scent that just smells deliciously fresh for only 980yen. I was very tempted to get the Anna Sui Secret Wish perfumes which were going for less than half the original retail price but I still have a shelf full of perfumes to use up so perhaps next month ;-p Also picked up 3 bottles Fancl Washing Powder Light (3460yen for 3 bottles; 1260yen if you buy only one) in the limited edition poppy design packaging today. All in all, a very satisfying haul!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi iris,
ot a bit, wow fancl is so much cheaper in japan, at least 20%.
sigh all the jap stuff are jacked up by the time they take the plane here.

hey take care n keep up yr blog.
I sort of visit yr blog to take a break from work, need to relax a bit lar :)

Anonymous said...

I only managed to test Ocean Shimmer recently and was awed. Now I understand why you raved about it! Everything is pigmented and shimmery. I especially like the blue - so intense and the flashing green shimmer is gorgeous! The leaf green is my kind of colour too. I regret missing out on it at the last Metro sale but am contemplating using my Tangs vouchers to get it at full price. :P